Monday, February 17, 2014

The First Task..

This is my experience when became a teacher (for my friends). Honestly i can’t do a presentations. Why? Because, although I have mastered the material, when I came forward and spoke with many people. I can not remember what I've learned. I always nervous when many eyes staring at me and when i have a presentations, my friends always say “speak louder” from their place, even my friend who was sitting in the front. And when i back to my place, my friends around me saking like this “what are you talking about?”, “I can’t hear you from here?”, or maybe “you didn’t learn anything about the material that you presentate to us, did you? You look like you don’t mastered the material”. Oh man, i hate that. I speak as loud as i can and my friends say that? I try to remember the material and the next day it disappear like i don’t lern anything the day before. My father suggested me to have a practice the day before in front of mirror. I try to do it but the results is same. I don’t know why i’ll be so nervous when speak to many people, even the people is my friends that i have met with them everyday.
Teaching is similar like presentation, so when my friends in my boarding house told me that the first task of this lesson is “teaching” and when i asked the material that i have to mastered, he said “the material is useless, history”. That word obsess me, i hate memorizing especially the lesson that I’m not interested (include history :D ). I made a commitment that i have to practice it few days before i teach my friends. But the problem is, i did’t know when i have to teaching. The sequence was random. Lucky, i can choosed my partner. And i choosed Sonny (because we live in the same boarding house, so we can meet each other and preparing materials easily). So we decided the topic that we will teach to my friends, the topic is industrial revolution in America. Actually, i’m not Interested with our topic. I'm more interested with emm, gloomy history. Like president lincoln assassination, war of spartaBattle of ThermopylaeCrusade, etc. And because of it, i need more time to understood the topic, and automatically i need more time to memorized it.




And unexpectedly my perform as a teacher is occur at the third meeting of this lesson (if we calculate from the first perform). Lucky, we have more time to have a prepare our lesson, maybe around 4 days. Because at Saturday Mam Agnes use the lesson to take care of our blog. So, i started to memorize it. Little difficult for me, because I was (little) forced to learn the topic (i’m not interested, remember?) and Sonny asked me to have a practice (like my father :( ) and we decided to have a practice at the day before we perform, it was Sunday. So we had a Practice in our class in Sunday. Like crazy people, we spoke with the white board, because no one in the class except us. It was embarrassing, when some people looked at us when we spoke to the wall. But it’s ok, everything for this task :). And that day was arrive, i’m so nervous, like i’ll have execution that day. The opening is good, because Sonny had some good word and way to open the lesson. And after the opening, it was my turn to explain. Because i’m nervous and I had to explain and write on the board at the same time, i made many mistake. I can’t write a correct word, and “my student” laugh at me. That was so embarrasing, but i think i can handle it until the end of our class.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your teaching method is awesome.. without presentation, and only using mind map :D good job :* Mr. P ( this is Pascal or something gross? LOL, jk :d )

    ReplyDelete