Monday, February 17, 2014

Marcell experience "teaching history"

MARCELL’S EXPERIENCE
“TEACHING HISTORY IN ENGLISH SUBJECT”

On 2nd semester, my teacher, mam Agnes, give our class assignment. The assignment is teaching history using English. I think it’s a difficult assignment. I have to choose my partner. And I choose Oraldo as my partner. Because Oraldo is my close friend in class and my teammate in futsal team. He also clever in history subject. We are a solid team. the first step to teach is we have to prepare lesson plan. In lesson plan we explain about what will we do and what will we explain in teaching history. Our topic is history. Then Oraldo and I think about sub topic. We find what sub topic will we choose. We have to choose what sub topic we are good at. Then we chose cold war as our sub topic. In teaching we have to make our student understand the topic what we explain. So we will make game, to make they understand and know about cold war. Initially I don’t know what we have to do in teaching because I have never teaching before. I find it difficult and confused to make my lesson plan. In our lesson plan we have to add summary about what will we explain. Our summary is very short because in our mind summary is short form from the original. After we make the summary we learn how to be a good teacher. Said mam Agnes we have to make opening, the lesson and closing. Our opening is fill the journal book on teacher’s desk. The as mew teacher we have to introduce ourself. After we introduce ourself we have to explain about the lesson. As the teacher we have to know about our topic. If we don’t know about our topic, we will get bad mark on English subject. And for the closing we have to re explain what we explain in short form.
We are the last group, so we have many time to prepare this job. After we prepare the material we have to make presentation about cold war. In that presentation we have to add video about cold war. We preparing all together because we are the solid team.
And the day come. We have prepare all include mental. On that day there are 3 groups that will perform. Dita’s group, nicholas’s group, and our group. My heart beats very fast because I am nervous. I change my clothes using black shirt and black jeans. And oraldo also change his clothes using brown shirt and brown jeans. We come in class and greeting to the student. After we greeting I explain by lecturing and using slide presentation. After we explain we start our game. We decide the class into 2 big groups. The first group will play outside with oraldo, and the second group will play in class with me. The game is finding the paper. The paper contains the words aboud cold war. The place is very hard, so they can’t find the paper. Then they gave up. After the game is over. I explain again about cold war. Then I greeting to leave the class.

That’s my experience about teaching history!!!

3 comments: