Monday, February 17, 2014

First task (teaching experience)

At first, I confused preparing the teaching material because I didn’t have idea how to be a teacher. I think that should be easy to set up the preparation. But when I and Karen started to prepare the materials, it was really difficult. How can a boring history lesson can be so fun? That was a hard work to us to do. So I planned something to make history lesson be fun. I added some pictures to our slides and played some clips. At least it can help me to control the class condition. I think, almost all of my friends that have taught us history is nearly same, boring way. But there is only one group that can amuse me with their funny teaching. Even there is many students that didn’t give attention, but its better that any previous group, and I didn’t feel sleepy at that time.
It seemed they have many different method of teaching. For examples, there was a group that taught using slides of presentations only. The presentation itself divided into some type of presentation. There is a group that only use text full, which is the most confusing, text + images / videos, which is better than previous group, and the slide that is ‘talking with audience’, I mean, like, interactive slide, so the teachers didn’t speak at all. There’s also a teaching method which is combine slides and whiteboard. And also, only whiteboard.
Now I will tell you about my experience about teaching. When I and my partner were being a teacher, it was a precious experience. The funny part is, my partner was always like shouted all the time, because she has very loud voice. there are some reactions that I have received. Usually, the students that sit in the corner fell asleep. And students that in front of them, were talking. So, I have to shout a little to shut them. Actually I like teaching, but after I become a teacher for a while (for this task), I realized that being a teacher, maybe, isn’t fun at all. If you have no patience and bravery facing the students, you will get stressed, frustrated, and depressed. No, I’m not joking neither over reacting. It’s real because I ever experienced it. But if a real teacher, that really have passion in teaching, and teach passionately, will feel the way of their teaching is all fun, no doubt. An experienced teacher will be able to control the class situation no matter how it will be. And not every person can teach that way. Some groups teach the way they like, but they didn’t know the students will like their teaching method too, or didn’t get the point of subject they have taught, or get bored with similarity way of teaching. So, to solve that, I think the next group that will be the teacher, should well prepared their materials, like pay attention to previous one, so they can compare, which is the best, effective and efficient way of teaching for the students.

“The priority of education is the PROCESS instead of the RESULT” – Peter B. Sihombing


1 comment:

  1. " I mean, like, interactive slide, so the teachers didn’t speak at all. " Sorry :( actually we already spoke our material, but we spoke that as fast as we could because we only got 20 minutes to teaching.. once again.. we want to sorry..

    ReplyDelete